The following is a list of 100 questions that can help with Socially Excellent behaviors (and lead to Powerful Conversations). The list is divided into three sections: Conversation Starters, Fun Zone Questions, and Deep Zone Questions.
1. What’s your story?
2. How’s your day been so far?
3. This is great, don’t you think?
4. Am I in the right place?
5. Do you understand this stuff?
6. Can I help you with that?
7. Do we know each other?
8. Are you as excited about this as I am?
9. Did you see that show last night?
10. What’s the deal with that?
11. Would you mind if I borrowed that for a second?
12. Do you have any recommendations for fun things to do around here?
13. Do you mind if I sit here?
14. Is it really this time of year already?
15. Would it be o.k. if I complimented you on something?
16. Could you help me with something really quick?
17. Could I get your opinion?
18. Doesn’t he/she host look great tonight?
19. Where did you get that ________ [physical item/accessory]?
20. Do you mind if I wait here next to you?
21. Would you help me and my friend settle a bet?
22. Do you know what time the game is tomorrow?
23. Is this your first time here?
24. Do you know what time it is?
25. What’s going on tonight around here?
26. How do you know ______ [host’s name]?
27. What’s your name?
28. How far is _____ from here?
29. Where would we know each other from?
30. Did you see the news this morning?
31. How did you get here?
32. Are you in charge of this?
33. Would you mind if I joined you?
FUN ZONE QUESTIONS
34. If you could marry a cartoon character who would it be?
35. What do you think are the three best musical acts of all time?
36. What celebrity do you most want to punch in the face?
37. If you could spend a night out with any celebrity who would it be?
38. Which one country would you relocate to if you had the opportunity?
39. How often do you go over the speed limit?
40. What’s your favorite dance move?
41. Do you like to sing in the shower? What do you sing?
42. What do you do when (you think) no one is looking?
43. If you could be any athlete, who would you be?
44. What did you get in trouble for when you were a kid?
45. What was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you?
46. What really gives you the creeps?
47. Who was your superhero when you were a kid? How about now?
48. Do you have any embarrassing guilty pleasures?
49. When was the last time you laughed so hard your stomach hurt?
50. Do you have a signature catch-phrase? If not, what would it be if you had one?
51. Who was your favorite musical group when you were in middle school?
52. If you were to start your own restaurant, what would it be called? What would you serve?
53. Did you go through an awkward stage as a kid? Any good stories from back then?
54. Which household object would you turn yourself into if you had to pick one?
55. What did you do for your most memorable birthday and what age was it?
56. Where did you go/would you go for your honeymoon?
57. If you won the lottery what would you change about your life?
58. If your life was a TV show what would the main story line be? What would be the supporting roles? Leading actor/actress?
59. If you were debating soaps/bodywashes, would you choose by color or scent?
60. What is your favorite board game?
61. What was your worst date like?
62. If you had to only eat three things for the rest of your life, day in and day out, what would they be?
63. Do you prefer a stormy night with cuddling or a romantic dinner at a nice restaurant with ambiance?
64. What was your first job? Worst job?
65. What was your favorite toy as a child?
66. What is your #1 public restroom pet peeve?
DEEP ZONE QUESTIONS
67. What do you bring most to a friendship?
68. Who is the first person that you think about when wake up?
69. When, if ever, do you think it is okay to tell a lie?
70. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 3 books/movies/people/foods would you take along?
71. What was the happiest moment of your life? The saddest?
72. Who is the most important person in your life? Would you tell me about him or her?
73. Who has been the biggest influence on your life? What lessons did they teach you?
74. Who has been the kindest to you in your life?
75. What are you really about?
76. How has your life been different than what you’d imagined?
77. Do you have any regrets?
78. What’s just below your surface that you never let escape?
79. How do you think you’ll matter to this world when it’s all said and done?
80. How would you describe me? How would you describe yourself?
81. What does the “best version of you” really look like?
82. What in your life fulfills you?
83. What is one vivid memory from your childhood?
84. What is the most important quality you look for in a life partner?
85. If you were forced or decided to go one year without phone calls (receiving OR making), who would be the last two people you’d call?
86. If you had to verbalize a slogan for your life (something you live by) what would it be?
87. What are your best memories of grade school/high school/college/graduate school? Worst memories?
88. What lessons have you learned from your relationships?
89. What traditions have been passed down in your family?
90. What is the most beautiful image, place, thing you have ever seen? Why?
91. The world is going to finish in 1 hour. How are you going to spend that hour?
92. Have you ever caved in to peer pressure? If so, what was it and how would you have changed it if you could go back?
93. If you could tell your best friend one thing that you can’t stand about him/her what would it be? How would they react?
94. What’s the nicest thing that anyone has ever said to you?
95. What is your most prized possession?
96. What is your crowning achievement at this point in life?
97. What’s the best gift you’ve ever given someone?
98. What is the last movie that made you cry?
99. Has money played a role in shaping who you’ve become?
100. If most people agreed with you politically, how would the country/world be different?